Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

So Happy 2009 everyone!!

2009 will be an interesting one for us. Jack will be gone for a majority of it. Although I am not excited about this and I want it to be over with, I am trying to look at the positives and look at the oppurtunities it will give for us.

First thing is that it is bringing us closer together and allowing us to continue to grow as a couple. The other thing is that it will allow us to save quite a bit of money and plan for our future. We have a plan and we are going to work it.

We have also begun to realize who are friends are and who will be our forever friends. We have friends here that I know without a doubt will be our friends for life.



Josh -The other day we mentioned to Josh that we wanted him to be the godfather of our children. I don't think that you could have seen a bigger smile on anyone anywhere. He truly is a good friend and we are grateful to have him in our life. I am so thankful he came home safely from his deployment and I know he will be here for the both of us for this upcoming deployment.


Adam& Morgan - Although we have known them for a relatively short amount of time, we can already tell that they are the type of friends that will be our forever friends. They are the type of people that you can tell geniunely care about their friends. Although we are sad that they are about to move away (and take their absolutely beautiful son with them) we are excited for the oppurtunity that they will have. We are excited to be able to visit them and have them visit us as we travel across the country and the world courtesy of the USMC.


Amanda- Manda is the type of friend that will be there no matter what. I can not tell you how grateful I am to have her in my life. Although we live entirely too far from each other for my liking, I know that all I need to do is pick up the phone and she is there. I know that ever big event and little struggle, Manda will be there to help me. She is a friend that I could not imagine my life without.


Dawn - Again another friend that lives entirely too far away for my liking, but someone who I know no matter what she will always be there. Dawn and I share a struggle, with our RA and she and I also share our happy times. She is someone that I know no matter how long it has been since we have talked, we can pick up the phone and pick up right where we left off. I love that girl and am thankful to have met her.



Then as I look back on those friends I am grateful for, I unfortunately see the friends that appears we are growing apart from. It makes me sad. I have some friends from college that I honestly feel I have grown apart from. I don't think that it is anyone's fault. I just think that we are going down different paths in our lives. It is sad, but it is reality. So in the end I just need to accept we are growing apart and continue on the path that I have for myself and my life.

2009 is a new year and new beginning and who knows, hopefully a new addition to our family.
So to all our friends, family and readers.... Happy 2009! May it bring you happiness and all you wish for!!

No comments: