Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Well thats no fun

So about 2 and 1/2 almost 3 years ago, I dealt with having kidney stones. Those things hurt like you would not believe. I mean it was intense pain. I was not happy. Not in any way shape or form.
So I get that all situated and I think, never again right..... haha... life is not that easy. I am currently dealing with another bout of kidney stones. Awesome right. Grrr. Why does my body hate me. Not cool. I mean I thought I was nice to my body. I feed it, I dress it, I run to keep it in shape... but it obviously hates me. Maybe it was the tattoo or maybe it doesn't like the running, I don't know. All I know is that kidney stones are some pretty crappy things.
Funny side note about kidney stones. When I had the first set, I was in a lot of pain. I was talking to Jack on the phone ( at the time we were just dating) and he decided to put my symptoms into web md. He does this and then tells me ..." Baby um it says you are in labor and to go to the hospital." I almost died laughing. It was too funny.
Anyway I call the doctor. He tells me that there really is nothing he can do to help the stones pass. I just need to wait. He could give me pain meds that would make me loopy, I wouldn't be able to work or take my arthritis medication. I decided it just wasn't worth it. I am just going to wait it out. Hopefully it doesn't take long.
So yeah.. if any one has any kidney stone stories, or tips to releive the pain...would love to hear it.

Hope everyone is doing well.

JMS - I love you and I miss you. Stay safe my heart! It is finally July!!! Almost there.

XoXo
Amanda

1 comment:

Amy said...

aww I hope you feel better and they pass soon!