Thursday, December 18, 2008

ooops....

So I kind of forgot to log into this thing for a bit. Oops.
Lots has been happening to, so I need to catch up.

Jack is home on pre deployment leave. Tomorrow is his birthday. I have loved having this time to spend with me. I do though find myself being somewhat selfish with his time. I find myself wanting to spend every waking minute with him. I know that is slightly selfish, but honestly I just can't help it.
This deployment, although I knew it was coming, has seemed to sneak up on me. I mean honestly I thought I would have more time, or that somehow I could forget about it. Yeah we all know that isn't going to happen. That all being said, I am ready and I am going to kick this deployment's ass. Of course there will be days that aren't so good, but I can do it, I am strong (or at least that is what I keep telling myself).

So I started thinking about the things I will miss when Jack is deployed. I know that he will have my heart with him there. Also it is my belief that home is not a place, it is a feeling. I feel at home with Jack. So while he is away from home, so to will I be.

I am going to try and post more later, but with Jack being home, I may not be catching up really well until at least January.

Best wishes everyone!!!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Amanda. You are going to kick ass. End of story. And you can always come to Cali to visit!