Wednesday, November 12, 2008

And so it begins


So I figured I would start blogging. Why not right. It seems like a good idea.
So I am going to start with an introduction post of sorts.
My name is Amanda, I am 26 years old and happily married to the love of my life. Currently we live in FL which I enjoy somewhat...although I do have things that I don't like about this crazy place.
I grew up just outside of Buffalo NY. I used to think that Buffalo would always be home...but then I realized that home is really a feeling and not a place. So for me home is wherever Jack is.
Jack, my husband will be 24 in December. He is in the Marine Corps and we are currently preparing for our first deployment.
Somehow I thought deployment would be easier than it is. Or maybe I prayed it would be easier. Regardless of what I thought...I know it sucks. I miss my husband...I don't like coming home to an empty house and I definitely hate that we hardly get to talk to one another....and he is at Mohave Viper now...I can only imagine what may happen when he is out of country. But I guess that is life.
We have two beautiful cats....no kids yet...we are trying. Our cats Seneca and Kobe are my babies....and they certainly keep me entertained.
Okay...thats it for now...I feel like crap tonight so I will write more later....promise.
Until then here are a few pictures:

No comments: