Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful

So Thanksgiving is this month. Its a day to think of all you are thankful for. I think you should be thankful all year round. Seeing as how Thanksgiving is the 24th day of the month I am going to make a list of 24 things I am thankful for. I will also be updating pictures of the day starting with today soon. Daddy went back to deployment so we need to track how big Baby A is getting while Daddy is away.
Okay on to the thankful list.
1. I am thankful for my beautiful baby girl. She is an absolute blessing and I can not even begin to tell you how amazing she is.
2. I am thankful for my amazing husband. He is so supportive and such an amazing Daddy. Aubrey and I are so lucky.
3. I am thankful for my crazy dog Bentley who never fails to make me laugh. He is such a good big brother and loves Baby A so much.
4. Even though I complain about him I am thankful for my silly cat who always knows when I need a snuggle.
5. Jack and I are incredibly thankful for my supportive and knowledgable doctors who were able to guide us through pregnancy and allow us to realize our dream of becoming parents.
6. I am thankful for the US Army who sent my husband home for the birth of our daughter. I could not thank those responsible enough.
7. I am thankful for the Marine Corps who not only employs my husband but protects us all and whose men and women sacrifice so much for us all.
8. I am thankful for my community of Marine wives whose thoughts and prayers and overwhelming support has been absolutely amazing.
9. I am thankful for my amazing friend Lacey who is there no matter what and loves my family as much as I do.
10. I am thankful for my best friend Dawn who even though she is far away, has been the best support system anyone could ask for. Just having her to listen has gotten me through so much.
11. I am thankful for our friends Adam and Morgan who are there for us no matter what and think nothing of including us in everything. We are so blessed to have them in our lives.
12. I am thankful for the Fisher Price Snug a Bunny swing that Aubrey loves so much. Without I am sure I would get no sleep.
13. I am thankful for Southwest Airlines who when presented with a nervous and tired Dad to be made it possible for him to be home on time for his daughter's birth.
14. I am thankful for soothie pacifers. Those things are a godsend.
15. I am thankful for Skype that allows me to see my family from far away and for them to see Baby A.
16. I am thankful for Carters who sends lots of coupons so that I can make sure Baby A is outfited in style. haha
17. I am thankful for retractable leashes. It gives Bentley the freedom he needs and I don't have to walk through the mud and grass.
18. I am thankful for my job and boss who have been so supportive of me and everything.
19. I am thankful to be able to plan a homecoming this month. It is by far my favorite part of the deployment.
20. I am thankful for the random stranger at the airport yesterday who saw a new mom that needed a hug and provided that. Whoever she is, thank you. I don't think she knew how much that was appreciated.
21. I am thankful for my camera that will allow me to document my daughter's growth and that is durable beyond belief. No matter how many times I drop that thing it keeps working. Thank you Sony for making a great product.
22. I am thankful for my health. I know I have health issues but I am still functioning and breathing and was able to have a beautiful baby. I will take that anyday.
23. I am thankful for my dvr that lets me watch whatever I want whenever I have time. Incredibly good seeing as how my nights are now controlled by a little person.
24. I am thankful for all the opportunity that I have and continue to have.
I have so much to be thankful for this month and always.
Hopefully so does everyone else.
JMS - we miss you so much and we love you. You are our hero.
XoXo
Amanda and Baby A

No comments: