Saturday, January 7, 2012

....

I know it has been a bit since I last posted. A lot has happened. I went back to work and have been insanely busy. We also said goodbye to someone that we love dearly. .

Our goddaughter Addie is an angel now and it saddens Jack and I deeply. She was a light in our lives. So happy and bright and beautiful. Unfortunately in mid December Addie became an angel. She went to be with the Lord. She did save 3 others before she left us in this life. She is now living another life with God. And I know that someday Jack and I will see her again. That gives us a bit of comfort, that and the fact that Aubrey was lucky enough to meet her before she passed. At 16 months old Addie was an inspiration and light for so many. I know I was honored to have known and loved her for as long as we did.

As much I as I say all this, it doesn't make her going to be with God any easier. It doesn't make us any less sad. The tears flow at times when I think no one is around. I try to stay strong for our friends but I won't say its easy. I will say though that I will do what I can to help our friends through this and my husband.

I don't know that anyone knows what to say when God brings such a little angel home. I think that are no words for that. Only prayers and thoughts of comfort. Thats all I can think to do.

It does remind me to tell those I love that I love them often. You can't say it enough. I ask myself did I tell Addie I loved her enough, did she know. I know she did but I can't help but think if I could have only told her one more time. I also think its important to let your friends know that you are there for whatever they need, even if thats just sitting in silence. Jack and I have tried to be the best friends we could be through everything. I hope we have been able to bring some comfort.

Tonight I was saddened to learn of the passing of a dear friend's mother. I am hoping and praying that our friends will be able to find comfort in the times ahead. I feel like there has been enough hardship for now and am looking forward to better times. They have to be coming right?

I promise to work on updating this blog more. Baby A is growing and doing so much. I will post happy posts again soon.

I hope all is well with everyone.

JMS- ironman again! So proud of you!

XoXo
Amanda

No comments: